Friday, March 13, 2009

Walk MS 2009

Hey everyone! A friend of mine who has had MS has joined the walk for a cure this year. She is trying to raise money for a cure and I have sent in my donation for this great cause. I ask that you do the same to help her exceed her goal of $1000!! I hope this brings them one step closer to a cure!!

The following is a personal note from Heidi herself. Please read on to learn a bit more about MS and donating to help find a cure.


Walk MS - Walk to create a world free of MS

Dear Family and Friends,

I've joined the movement to help find a cure for MS.

On Sunday, May 3, 2009 I will be participating in Walk MS, Northwest Suburbs location. This is a fund raising event which benefits the Greater Illinois Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Approximately 400,000 people nationwide, including 20,000 here in Illinois, live with multiple sclerosis.

Multiple sclerosis interrupts the flow of information between the brain and the body and stops people from moving. With the help of people like you, the National MS Society, Greater Illinois Chapter addresses the challenges of each person whose life is affected by MS and helps them stay connected to the great big moving world. I am writing to ask you to join the movement by participating in Walk MS or kindly include a donation to my team. Every dollar raised helps to fund research, programs, and services for those living withMS. This is made possible by people like you--friends, family and associates who support my fundraising goals and the goals of the more than 16,000 people who will be walking with me. Please join me to end MS. Help the National Multiple Sclerosis Society's ultimate mission of finding a cure possible, and, in the meantime, provide the crucial services to those living with multiple sclerosis.

It's faster and easier than ever to support this great cause--you can make your donation on line by clicking "Support" and follow the prompts. If you prefer, you can also mail your tax-deductible contribution to me or directly to the Greater Illinois Chapter. Please make checks payable to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and include my name on the check's memo section. I ask all donations be made prior to the Walk MS event date of May 3, 2009.

Visit http://www.msillinois.org/ to findmore information from the National MS Society, Greater Illinois Chapter.

http://walkild.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=WLK_ILD_ePledge

I appreciate your support and will keep you posted on myprogress. Together we can create a world free of MS. Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
Heidi Holthouse

To make a donation online, visit my personal page http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Events/ILDWalkEvents?px=6010613&pg=personal&fr_id=10949.



Remember it doesn't matter how much you donate it all helps her reach her goal. All donations go through the National MS Society website and are secure.

Thanks for taking the time to help! We appreciate it!

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment